Based in Twickenham, Maple Leaf Pharmacy serves the local residents with services like emergency contraception and stop smoking services. If you stay in or around Richmond, Isleworth, Whitton, Hampton and Teddington, then our pharmacy is easily accessible. Our experts will provide you with the knowledge and tools to defeat your tobacco addiction and totally quit smoking for good so you can enjoy a better and healthy life with a disease-free future.
Is like any other drug addiction. It causes many profound adverse effects on the smoker’s life. Even after a smoker successfully quits, relapse may occur. Smoking is responsible for more than 25,000 deaths alone in the UK and it reduces the average lifespan of a smoker. This is why quitting smoking as soon as possible is the only way to have as healthy a future as possible.
Many people enrol in our stop smoking services at Maple leaf as we offer the following benefits:
- Giving up smoking increases your life expectancy by 1 – 4 years.
- Quitting smoking reduces the risk of high blood pressure, peripheral artery disease and stroke and most importantly heart attacks and death from heart diseases.
- Quitting smoking also reduces your risk of developing diabetes, emphysema, throat cancer, lung cancer, chronic asthma, chronic bronchitis, ulcers, gum disease and many other health conditions.
- After quitting, you won’t cough as often or have as many sore throats. It also increases your stamina.
- Quitting smoking can help prevent the early formation of wrinkles, improve your skin texture and even get rid of foul breath.
- Improve your sense of taste and smell.
- Helps you save money.
Over the course of sessions led by our experts, participants work through the quitting process together and learn how to quit smoking effectively.
- Medicines that can help you quit
- Lifestyle changes to regain good health
- Managing stress
- Avoiding weight gain
- Developing a new self-image
- How to avoid relapsing